LESSON FROM A BROKEN HEART
TEXT: Psalms 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Today's sermon is about the lessons we can learn from a broken heart. It is a topic that is very close to my heart, as I have seen many people suffer from the pain of a broken heart. The Bible teaches us that a broken heart is not something to be taken lightly, but it is also not something that should be viewed as a curse. In fact, a broken heart can be a blessing in disguise, as it can teach us valuable lessons about ourselves and our relationship with God.
Our text for today is from Psalm 51:12, which says, "Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit." This verse was written by King David after he had committed adultery with Bathsheba and had arranged for her husband, Uriah, to be killed in battle. David's heart was broken, not only because of the sin he had committed, but also because of the pain he had caused others. However, David did not wallow in his brokenness. Instead, he turned to God for healing and restoration.
Many Christians today instead of bouncing back to life, they rather continue to sink in their state of despondency and regrets. David did not allowed his mistakes to decide his future and relationship with God and fellow human beings.
I PRAY YOU WILL COME OUT OF THAT UGLY SITUATION IN JESUS NAME...
Many other verses in the Bible talk about the lessons we can learn from a broken heart. For example, in Psalm 34:18, we read, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." This verse reminds us that even in our darkest moments, God is with us and will never abandon us. He will always be there to comfort us and help us through our pain.
Whenever you are downtrodden there is every tendency of believing that God has forgotten/forsaken you. That's a lie from the pit of hell, God is always close to His children no matter what happens. At such moments it's up to you to acknowledge the presence of God at a time like this.
In Isaiah 61:1-3, we read about how God can turn our mourning into joy. The passage says, "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."
These verses remind us that even in our brokenness, God can bring beauty from ashes. He can turn our mourning into joy and our despair into praise. He can heal our broken hearts and make us whole again.
Your decision during such time determines whether you are mature enough in the word of God or not. I have come across people who find it difficult to forgive themselves for their mistakes. Some even go to the point of punishing themselves for their mistakes. Not knowing that it is the devil that is empowering them with such decisions to keep them far from God's grace and mercy.
Some feel sorry for God, as in they will say "I have disappointed God, I have disgraced God, I don't deserve a second chance" Well the truth is that you only disgraced and disappoint yourself not God, in fact not even the church you are attending because you are the one who will enjoy the fruits of your mistakes (sin) with time people will forget that a prayer warrior member of the church committed abortion, but the said member will live to regret the action. Now instead of wasting time on regrets use that time to ask for mercy and move on with your relationship with God.
So, what are the lessons we can learn from a broken heart?
First, we can learn that we are not invincible. We are all human, and we all make mistakes. It is important to acknowledge our faults and seek forgiveness when we have sinned. Do not punish yourself for your sin because that's what Satan is looking for. He never had a second chance and that's why he doesn't want you to accept it.
Second, we can learn that we are not alone. God is always with us, even in our darkest moments. He is ready and willing to comfort us and heal our broken hearts. So why kill yourself for nothing? Why inflict unnecessary pain on yourself?
Third, we can learn to have empathy for others who are going through a similar experience. We can use our own pain to help others who are hurting and offer them comfort and support. Sometimes we make mistakes in order not to judge others when they make the same mistakes.
Finally, we can learn to trust God more fully. When our hearts are broken, we are forced to rely on God in a way that we may not have done before. We can learn to trust His plan for our lives and have faith that He will bring good out of our pain. Let us remember the words of Psalm 34:18, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Let us turn to God when our hearts are broken and trust that He will restore us and bring us joy once again. May God bless you all in Jesus' name... Amen.
PRAYER POINTS
(pray now and by midnight)
π₯ Father, I come before you with a broken heart. I ask for your healing touch to restore me to wholeness in Jesus name.
π₯ Lord, help me to learn the lessons you have for me through this brokenness. Show me what you want me to see and help me to grow in my faith.
π₯ Father, I pray for those who have caused me pain. Help me to forgive them and to extend your grace and love to them in Jesus name.
π₯ Lord, I pray for your protection over my heart. Help me to guard it against further harm and to find peace in your presence in Jesus name.
π₯ Father, I declare that I am not defined by my brokenness. I am a child of God, and I am loved and cherished by you.
π₯ Lord, I pray for the strength to let go of the past and to embrace the future you have for me. Help me to trust you and to have faith in your plan in Jesus name.
π₯ Father, I ask for your guidance as I move forward. Help me to make wise decisions and to stay on the path you have set before me in Jesus name.
π₯ Lord, I pray for those who are going through a similar experience. May they find comfort in your love and strength in your presence in Jesus name.
π₯ Father, I pray for a renewed sense of joy and purpose in my life. Help me to see the blessings you have for me and to find hope in your promises.
π₯ Lord, I declare that I am free from the chains of brokenness. I am a new creation in Christ, and I am filled with hope and joy in your presence in Jesus mighty name.
TAKE NOTE OF YOUR DREAMS AND DON'T HIDE YOUR FEEDBACK FOR COUNSELLING.
πππ ππΌπππππππππ:
π️ πππ πππππ πππΏππππ ππ ππππΏ ππππ ππππππ πΌππΏ πππππππππ, ππππΏπ, πΌππΏ ππππππ πΏπππΌπππππ:
Account number: 2031745477
UBA savings.
Or
PayPal: angelameh9@gmail.com
πππππππΌπππππΌπ ππππππ ππΌπππππ:
GEEGPAY DOLLAR ACCOUNT.
Account name: Angel Ameh Onuche
Account number: 40630134260557159
Bank name: WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A.
Routing number: 121000248
Account type: Checking
Address: 651 North Broad Street, Suite 206, Middletown ,19709 Delaware, USA
Yours in His vineyard: Pst. Angel A. Onuche.
+2348113936979
08062343560
Comments